Environmental Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Environmental Club

Future site of the PUC Environmental Club forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PUC Campus Recycling Program: Recycling Unit Mapping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WabashMan1989

PUC Campus Recycling Program: Recycling Unit Mapping Empty
PostSubject: PUC Campus Recycling Program: Recycling Unit Mapping   PUC Campus Recycling Program: Recycling Unit Mapping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Although the campus recycling program lost some momentum during the summer...naturally...it's about to become revitalized with new vigor! Last semester I embarked on a personal endeavor to obtain maps of the campus buildings from Facilities to map the locations of every campus recycling unit. Yes, this undertaking may border on insanity, but I believe that the Environmental Club will derive several invaluable benefits, including the abilities to identify those areas with insufficient coverage, to tabulate the number of bins in use, to recognize the disappearance of bins, and to calculate a maximum dollar amount for complete campus coverage (# of potential bins times per unit cost) in case we decide to pursue grant funding. Furthermore, with our modest membership and limited ability to maintain the recycling units of each building regularly, we may provide annotated maps to fellow student organizations (Biology Club, Finance and Accounting Club, etc.) to help them quickly service their "adopted" buildings. I have one final thought concerning the mapping of recycling unit locations. Clearly come classrooms are utilized to greater extents than other rooms, and with higher traffic comes a greater need for larger recycling units. For example, a puny, little, 10-gallon, blue bin would not meet the recycling needs of a lecture hall (i.e. Gyte 103 and 107, and Anderson 148). Knowing the usage levels of individual bins will indicate whether or not their capacities are too small, too large, or reasonably appropriate. Although I am prepared to pursue these ends individually, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Back to top Go down

PUC Campus Recycling Program: Recycling Unit Mapping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Environmental Club :: General Discussion :: Club Activities-
Jump to: